Thursday, June 21, 2018

Regina Runs Tennessee for Teens!!!


Regina RunsTennessee for Teens…….


I believe wholeheartedly that Running Changes Everything, and taking that first step back in 2001 transformed my life forever. I’ll post that whole story on my blog for those interested. Fast forward a few years, and I’m a healthy, happy, active professional surrounded by awesome friends, a career I love, and the most loving, caring man in my life. I have no regrets that I didn’t run in my younger years, but what if I had that outlet back then? 
Let’s face it, life is more complicated and stressful than it once was. Teens face many pressures to look, be, act and succeed. What if there was a healthy way to relieve stress and somehow ease the path of self-discovery? Then I found Marathon High! We challenge teens to commit and train for a half marathon. Together we prepare and face this goal while we grow, overcome obstacles, have fun and learn life’s lessons.
Marathon High is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done, and it inspires me every day to be the best I can.  I coach, sponsor, and fundraise, but  I wanted to challenge myself to do something out of my comfort zone.  I’m going to run 314 miles across Tennessee in a few weeks to raise money for Marathon High, and complete the Vol State Road Race. The training is very challenging, and a race this long is new and scary.
What will it feel like to run day after day? How will I deal with the heat? Will I be safe in the dark? What if I get injured or lost?  What if I can’t do it? I want to prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind to, and be a good role model for my teens! I am also doing this run as a fundraiser, and I am so humbled by the support I have received so far.
As you can tell, the real estate market has been crazy this year, so I’ve been sneaking in workouts between closings, showings, and meetings…..showering at the gym, or pouring water over my head by the car…….then racing off to the next thing!
We have had a few fun weekends away to unplug just a little. Bill and I both ran the Strolling Jim 42miler in Wartrace, Tennessee, for a little practice on the hills, and social time with some ultra legends. I raced hard, but just could not keep the fast pace of the early miles going later in the race, so had to settle for third female and a little slower than last year. We had a blast staying in Chattanooga and I did a nice recovery run around their beautiful riverfront area.
Last weekend we spent four beautiful days in New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee, and I got in some much needed sleep, plus back to back training days on hills. The weather was beautiful and I tried to run all the way around the lake, but the hills beat up my legs, and I settled for just 51 miles. It was bike week, so we enjoyed seeing all the colorful bikes all over the place.
On the last day we managed a summit of Mt. Washington, at 6288 feet, the highest point in New Hampshire. This mountain is most famous for its unpredictable weather and high winds, the highest recorded wind speed on earth until just recently. It’s hard to believe many have died on this mere 9 mile round trip hike, with no technical climbing.
The hike was very visually demanding on me, because I have an impairment where I do not see in 3D, so I trip over rocks and uneven surfaces.  I have never let this limit my activities, so people often just think I am very clumsy. The last 1.5 miles were a boulder scramble to remember, but we made it in under four hours. It was particularly memorable to complete this hike with Bill, his brother and teenage daughter, plus their dog!
Just three more weeks of training, and I’ll be off to Dorena Landing, Missouri to take the ferry to the start of the 2018 Vol State Road Race. In the meantime, I’ll close over one million in sales in June, and prepare for a few more closings to take place in July.

Thank you for trusting me for your real estate needs.  I would be very appreciative if you would recommend me to your family, friends and co-workers. 

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Summer with family and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Just listed 12460 Shady Creek Drive

Gorgeous Mandarin home on over half acre preserve lot with deck & paver patio with fire pit. This home is an entertainer’s dream. Beauti...